The Best Window Coverings For Your Home
Whether you’re looking for privacy, style, function, affordability, or all of the above, it can be a daunting task to choose window coverings. Today, with so many styles of blinds and shades from which to choose, finding the right one for your needs isn’t always easy!
As window coverings professionals across the U.S. and Canada, our Made in the Shade franchisees offer complimentary shop-at-home design consultations for our valued clients. This means that in addition to precise laser measuring and free estimates, we spend quality time with our clients to educate them on the features and benefits of our name brand products. This helps us to determine not only what our clients like, but also what they need.
Sometimes, our clients know exactly what they want because they have seen a certain type of window covering elsewhere, or even had them installed in a previous home. Other times, they haven’t a clue what they want, and that’s where our expertise rises to the occasion! Whether you are considering shutters, draperies or soft treatments, Romans shades, cellular shades, pleated shades, roller shades, solar shades or any one of our extensive blind collections, the best choice depends on several factors:
- Your decorating style: Is it formal or casual, modern or chic? Do you like bold colors for a more dramatic look, or subtle hues for a more neutral, earthy look?
- Light and privacy: How much light do you need? Do you want a bright and airy room? Is your goal to block out light for snug sleep in the bedroom or room darkening in a media room? These factors will influence the style and fabrics you choose.
- Function: We just addressed light control and privacy, but how important is energy efficiency, view, protection from glare and heat, protection from cold air entering the room, or loss of heat? We have the perfect solutions for each scenario!
- Your budget: Are you showcasing one window or covering all the windows in your house? You may consider spending more on certain key windows and scaling back on others. Keep in mind that the size of your windows, certain fabric selections, specialty shapes (like arches) and added upgrades may also contribute to the final cost.
- Child/Pet Safety: Do you have small children or pets where cordless or motorized blinds and shades are a must?
In terms of the relative costs of window coverings, we can categorize the different types of window treatments to give our clients an idea of price points. Some of our higher end window coverings would include Shutters, Custom Drapes, Soft Sheer Shades and Roman Shades. Our medium priced window coverings may include Honeycomb or Cellular Shades, Wood Blinds, Natural Shades, Roller Shades and Pleated Shades. Our lower cost window treatments include Aluminum Blinds, Faux Wood Blinds, and Vinyl blinds. ALL of our premium products are backed with our manufacturers’ limited lifetime warranties, to ensure your peace of mind and enjoyment for many years.
Regardless of what look and function you would like to achieve, there is a window covering for every décor preference and purpose. Let us help you find the perfect solutions for your home or business.
Contact your nearest Made in the Shade dealer to schedule your FREE in-home design consultation. We specialize in the product expertise and excellent customer service you deserve!